Coaching Skills for Managers
Good managers don’t just manage, they also help their employees work better and smarter. With a few techniques, managers can also be coaches and can help inspire, energize and motivate their staff.
Coaching Skills for Managers is a fast-paced, experiential program that will teach you the five most valuable tools used by successful executive coaches. These tools will quickly increase your effectiveness as a manager and make supervising your staff easier. These specially selected coaching tools are simple, powerful and effective:
- Action and Accountability
Learning these five skills will dramatically increase your ability as a manager and will also inspire your employees. The course will teach you real-life application techniques. Participants will leave knowing how to:
- Have conversations that are direct and truthful, while building the relationship
- Recognize and effectively deal with resistance
- Influence others without force
- Manage conflict with confidence and transform it into creative resolution
- Create commitment and accountability
You will have plenty of opportunity to practice these tools and you will leave prepared to put them to use immediately. There will be follow-up sessions available by phone for additional support or development.
How to Hold Powerful Meetings
There is nothing worse than wasting your time or your employees’ time with endless meetings that go nowhere. We can change that. This is the essential, nuts and bolts class on how to plan and execute effective and powerful meetings.
Whether you are a professional facilitator, team leader, project manager or regular meeting participant, this two-day program will immediately improve the way you work with and in groups. In this course, you will learn to:
- Design and facilitate a productive, efficient meeting
- Understand group dynamics and master group dysfunction
- Master challenging people and behaviors and skillfully lead challenging conversations
- Elicit outstanding performance and results-driven creative thinking from participants
- Keep everyone focused, engaged and on the same page
- Coach groups and teams to higher levels of performance
- Increase collaboration for more creative group activity
- Make clear, actionable group decisions
- Increase accountability and attainable action items
All participants will receive extensive, hands-on training and regular performance feedback from seasoned practitioners. Participants also receive a 150-page handbook and “toolbox” of resources, including standard meeting templates, agendas and preparation forms; PowerfulWork’s proprietary “Conversation Model,” with structured conversation-tracking forms, so you or the group never gets lost; prioritization, decision-making and problem-analysis tools; meeting record and summary forms; action planning and accountability instruments; group assessment inventories; and more.
This program is ideal for anyone who leads or participates in meetings. We will provide you with the practical tools, training and materials to master meetings. It works wonders.
Advanced Facilitative Skills
Standing in the Eye of the Storm
Imagine being able to lead the most challenging groups and remain absolutely calm, centered and fully present, even in the midst of conflict and anger. Imagine facilitating meetings with remarkable efficiency, less effort and no stress, and actually enjoying it. Sound impossible? Not after taking our flagship facilitation-training program.
If you lead groups, Standing in the Eye of the Storm will transform the way you lead. This advanced two-day program is ideal for leaders, managers, consultants, HR professionals and facilitators. It will empower your presence as a leader. It will guide you to the still point, where you can lead your group to new levels of creativity and clarity. This is a powerful transformative course, one that will clarify and reveal your unique leadership gifts and qualities. You will learn to:
- Lead powerfully from a clearly articulated purpose
- Easily handle the specific situations that challenge you most
- Create strong connections between group members
- Stay calm and present in the midst of intense emotion and conflict
- Access intuitive wisdom about the groups you lead
- Quickly transform individual and group resistance
- Return to a balanced, calm and centered flow state, no matter what is going on in the group
- Lead your group or team to new levels of action, clarity and purpose
You will get simple models for understanding what’s really going on in groups and elegant strategies for transforming resistance. You will learn to apply the power of intention and get plenty of practice dealing with your most challenging group situations. This course will transform you and the way you lead.
Reboot! How to Hold Powerful Conversations
This program is so successful and so powerful that we turned it into a book, Reboot! Your Working Relationships. The Reboot! Method has helped hundreds of people master difficult conversations, and it can help you, too.
Conversations aren’t as easy as we think. Oftentimes, the seemingly simply task of talking to your employees or colleagues is mishandled. Conversations can be a huge stumbling block and a tremendous source of stress, and are often one of the most difficult tasks people face.
Reboot! offers simple, elegant and remarkably effective techniques for handling difficult conversations and building better relationships. In this course, you will learn how to prepare for and conduct productive conversations with colleagues and employees.
In this workshop, participants will learn:
- That conflict, though inevitable, is a vital opportunity for creativity, to deepen relationships and find new solutions
- To recognize and address resistance and how to transform it into action
- To understand, recognize and respond to the emotional blocks to communication
- Specific skills and practices needed to put the method into action, and get results